:)

:)

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lessons from the Lost Wallet: Trust in the Lord

I learned...

3. Trusting in the Lord is relieving! It may seem hard at first, but the feeling as we give up our will is relieving! Liberating, in fact. Where I am from (Alberta, Canada), driving 4-wheelers in farmer's fields is a popular pastime. However, if you drive too fast, the ride can easily get uncomfortable and even dangerous. Coming from a field onto a smooth highway after even half an hour of driving on rough terrain is a wonderful feeling. You feel like you are riding on clouds, and you begin to realize how sore you had been making yourself. So it is when we finally accept the plan of the Lord, and what he has in store for us. When we try to make all of our own decisions and refuse to take advantage of the trials we face, it is like we are trying to rush through a farmer's field. When we give our will to the Lord we are letting him take us to the smooth highway. I learned this when I finally stopped fighting, wishing that I could just find my wallet and my pain could be gone. I accepted that there were blessings that had come and were to come, and that I was learning and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment