:)

:)

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lessons from the Lost Wallet: Co-Piloting

I learned...

2. How to BE a co-pilot, literally and figuratively, and the importance of doing so. I never thought that being a co-pilot was an important role, but I learned that is NOT the case.  As I sat in the passenger seat every day, I realized that there are things that I needed to do, and things that I needed to see. Oncoming cars, missed directions. At first I felt useless, and helpless. I have ALWAYS been one to take the wheel. My motto was "if you want it done RIGHT, do it yourself," and, sometimes, "if you want it done AT ALL, do it yourself." Please learn from my experience and change this way of thinking. I learned that if you want it done right this time, sure, go ahead and do it yourself, but if you want it done right in the future as well, teach someone else to do it! The supporting role is just so crucial!

No comments:

Post a Comment