:)

:)

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Assemble Yourselves! - November 26, 2013

I had always wondered before my mission, why do we go to church? We have the scriptures, and we have prayer as ways to communicate with God. We have so many tools that we can use to bring ourselves closer to God! Why, then, do we have buildings and so many meetings?
That's a good question.
Firstly, keeping the Sabbath Day holy is a commandment of God.
However, as well, God has promised us that when we assemble ourselves together, His Spirit will be poured out upon us. Our church meetings are a time of personal revelation! When you come, come with an open heart that is ready to feel and learn, and it will be filled!

Doctrine and Covenants 44:2
2 And it shall come to pass, that inasmuch as they are faithful, and exercise faith in me, I will pour out my Spirit upon them in the day that they assemble themselves together.

No comments:

Post a Comment